Funding...

Throughout the enterprise module, getting grants to fund business' have been mentioned quite a lot, so I did the questionnaire on www.businesslink.gov.uk to see what would be available to me...

I did this research even though I was scepticle about the whole idea - I don't feel confident basing the funding for my business on the hope that I might get a grant from somewhere.

Therefore - I will base my funding on the following idea, taken from the 'Ten top tips for a successful start' downloadable info from moodle -

'Dip your toe in the water first.

It’s possible to run many businesses on a part-time basis from home. An effective way to see if your business idea is viable is to stay in full-time employment, while managing your business in the evenings and at weekends. This will allow you to check if your idea is viable before taking the big step of losing your regular income. Even if you are just ‘trying out' your business, open a business account as soon as possible – it will help in the long run to keep both your personal and business accounts separate.'

No comments:

Post a Comment