'Use your home as a workplace'

As previously mentioned, I was quite sure before research that I wanted to work from home...so I still research to see if its an advisable place of work -


Advantages -
- Don't have to commute.
- Cheaper to set up.
- You aren't tied down to a tenancy agreement etc.
- Get help from the family - filing reciepts etc.
- Not high risk in terms of medical emergencies.

Disadvantages -
- May incur additional costs due to mortgage allowance (currently I don't think this would effect the premises I live in at the moment.)
- Neighbours - they may not agree to a business being run in a residential area (once again, I don't believe this would be a problem as its not like there will be a constant stream of customers effecting parking or signage etc.)
- Seperating home / work life.
- Isolated
  • I don't think this would be a problem as I am quite an independent person and (possibly in a sad way) i enjoy my company. Also, I don't like blaming things on other people, but if there are other people around me I probably would blame them somehow if something went wrong...if i'm on my own I am fully responsible for what goes on in the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment